Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The truly wonderful miracle of worship/My marvelous day with my God

Hello all (however few or many all may be =D.) Tonight was a truly wonderful night. Never have a felt so shaken. I'm not even sure why. Today was See You At The Pole at my school. (Yes I know it was last week everywhere else, but our school, being small, rescheduled due to weather with now issues/conflicts.)
Then later we had chapel. ACTUAL CHAPEL. That's a big deal because I've missed chapel. All year we've done break-out sessions, which are good, but I truly miss chapel. I miss the worship, honestly, even though very few actually worshipped God, I did and I valued that time. Anyway, Chris and Jon Crump led worship and that was a blessing. What J.J. spoke about was good, and I just enjoyed that time.
Tonight at Lift(our youth group's wednesday night ministry), we talked about Pleasing Your Parents. It was a good message, it showed me some things, I learned some things, and I already knew some things. It was overall a good message, one that needed to be heard. It was simply and purely a message from God. I enjoyed that and I appreciate and love the fact that I have a church home where I can go and have the Word poured into me.

However, what was truly wonderful was the music. We sang, and through the first song I was distracted. Like all humans, I am flawed and my brain does race ahead of me and refuse to focus on what it's supposed to. But then I stopped myself. I told myself that I was going to give God all of my time and attention. So I took off my glasses (a little physical assistance in erasing the things around me) and that's when it happened. The amazing presence of God consumed me. When I said I was going to focus on God, I began to feel Him. When I made that decision, the whole world around me faded and it was just me and God. It was beautiful. I began to let the music and the connection move me, physically as well as emotionally, and I didn't care who saw or what they thought. I found myself closing my eyes (even though I couldn't see even when my eyes were open) and being consumed. I belted out those songs. I lost myself in that point in time. and it was MIRACULOUS. And silly me, I thought it was just me. I could feel the presence of the Lord strong in the room, but I thought His presence was simply strong in me.
Then J.J. came up to pray after worship, before he got going on his message. And the first thing he said was "I wish you could stand where I was standing and see what I saw in you. I wish you could watch as so many of you poured out your souls to God" (I don't think I got the quote exactly right, but it's the general idea. He was moved because we had poured ourselves out to our MIGHTY SAVIOR. That's what made tonight wonderful.
First of all, the fact that I am growing, beginning to recognize when I'm not focused on God and remedy that, and Second, that I wasn't the only one truly giving Him everything tonight. I LOVE that. I Love being with a group of believers who aren't afraid (at least some of them aren't) to worship God, sing out our prayers and praises to Him, no matter how bad of a singer we may be. I haven't noticed if anyone is exceptionally bad at singing... all I've noticed is that its getting to the point where people don't care if they are or not. If they can carry a tune, Great! If not, Oh Well! It's not about pleasing others, impressing them with musical ability. It's about God! and people are starting to open up and realize that and that's truly a blessing.

GOD IS SO GOOD! and I am so proud that He is my Father. God is LOVE, GOOD, FAITHFUL, FATHER, HEALER, ALL YOU'LL EVER NEED, SAVIOR, FRIEND, MIGHTY TO SAVE, EVERYTHING&&MORE! I hope you know that. I truly do. I hope that you believe that with all of your heart. God means so much to me, He has done so much for me, and I know He can do that for anyone and everyone out there. You just have to ask Him, and believe that He will. He is mighty to save and there is no one like Him. Gosh! I just LOVE MY GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment